Rays may look to trade Zobrist

Saintbird

After signing Asdrubal Cabrera today, Rosenthal is reporting that the Rays may look to deal Zobrist and/or Escobar. I don't think we really have a place for Escobar but Zobrist would be a fantastic player to have on this team. What would it take to get him? And would the Rays even consider dealing him inside the division?

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I honestly don't think they will hesitate to trade him in division. They will look for the best possible deal if they do trade him. He's only going to be there one more season, anyway.

I would love to add Zobrist, but I doubt the Rays want to see him at the Trop 9 times in another uniform. It won't be difficult for them to find a trade partner in another division.

Well we could get the Padres to trade for him and get him from them in a package for Davis and Matusz.

I'd want somebody else in addition to Zobrist for Davis and Matusz. I think Davis is going to improve drastically upon last season. He's not going to hit 50 HRs but he'll settle in somewhere between the two past seasons, I think that's more valuable than Zobrist. Unless we are absolutely convinced that we can't resign Davis if he has a good season.

Maybe I'm valuing Davis too highly. But I still think the guy is extremely valuable.

I'd want somebody else in addition to Zobrist for Davis and Matusz. I think Davis is going to improve drastically upon last season. He's not going to hit 50 HRs but he'll settle in somewhere between the two past seasons, I think that's more valuable than Zobrist. Unless we are absolutely convinced that we can't resign Davis if he has a good season.

Maybe I'm valuing Davis too highly. But I still think the guy is extremely valuable.

Of course. I would want more than Zobrist back from them. I'd be interested in some young, almost ready, AA/AAA talent to help restock the 25 man roster next year.

Of course. I would want more than Zobrist back from them. I'd be interested in some young, almost ready, AA/AAA talent to help restock the 25 man roster next year.

Okay, then that would be a deal that I would seriously consider.

It would be interesting if we could also get Seth Smith in the deal. We could play Zobrist at second and give Schoop a bit more time to work on some things at AAA.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Been brewing for awhile but hearing <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Mariners?src=hash">#Mariners</a> are Very close to trade for Seth Smith.</p>— Shannon Drayer (@shannondrayer) <a href="

">December 30, 2014</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Well we could get the Padres to trade for him and get him from them in a package for Davis and Matusz.

With the loss of Cruz, a Davis bounce back is a must. We play in Camden Yards and power is a must for a contending team with that ballpark. Zobrist is a nice player but in my eyes, Davis in a contract year is much more valuable.

With the loss of Cruz, a Davis bounce back is a must. We play in Camden Yards and power is a must for a contending team with that ballpark. Zobrist is a nice player but in my eyes, Davis in a contract year is much more valuable.

I don't get the Davis trade love... I get it that he had a bad year but he also just had a really really good year. Plus, who would play 1B? Pearce? Walker? The Alonso idea had some merit other than the fact that he sucks.

I don't get the Davis trade love... I get it that he had a bad year but he also just had a really really good year. Plus, who would play 1B? Pearce? Walker? The Alonso idea had some merit other than the fact that he sucks.

Pearce would be a fine 1B, especially if we signed Rasmus to play OF.

Archived